VIGON® PE 180, based on the MPC® Technology (Micro Phase Cleaning), is an water-based, pH neutral cleaning agent specifically developed for the use in spray-in-air equipment. VIGON® PE 180 removes flux residues from leadframes, discrete devices, power modules, and power LEDs following die attach and/or heatsink soldering. The cleaning agent easily removes oxide layers from copper surfaces to prepare for subsequent processes such as wire/adhesive bonding and molding.
Advantages compared to other cleaners:
- The pH neutral formulation results in stain-free activated copper surfaces for subsequent processes such as wire bonding (gold and aluminum), molding and adhesive bonding
- Its pH neutral formulation results in excellent material compatibility, specifically with power modules and die surface passivation
- Easily rinsed yielding a wide process window
- Retains activated copper surfaces over an extended period of time without risk of reoxidation
- No need for waste water neutralization
- Halogen free