General Job Summary
Job Title: Application Engineer
Reports to: Director of Application Technology
Location: Onsite, Manassas, VA
Issued/Date Revised: May 2022
General Job Summary
The Application Engineer works closely with the Regional Sales Managers (RSM’s) to deliver consistent sales growth for Americas and teams up with the Marketing team on new and existing products to drive customer satisfaction. Responsible for introduction and implementation of Zestron products at customer sites while also contributing in Zestron product and process development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to become a knowledgeable resource for Zestron products within 1 to 2 years by:
- Learning and understanding Zestron’s line of cleaning agents including, but not limited to Zestron Eye/CM and other cleaning equipment.
- Gain a working knowledge of cleaning processes and applications and the key components of those processes.
- Gain a base knowledge of industry standards used in the electronics industry
- Provide Application Engineering support to primarily USA (may include all Americas) and maintain a working knowledge of all active projects.
- Create or review product bulletins, datasheets, uses cases, whitepapers, catalogues, and promotional material prepared by Marketing.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex cleaning applications that require independent judgement and ingenuity and a quick response
- Propose new product ideas that originate from the daily conversations with sales teams & customers. Remains abreast of the latest developments in markets & applications of interest to Zestron
- Work closely with sales teams to identify customers specific point problems, sales opportunities, and develop the technical solution using Zestron products. Understand the customer’s validation process for new technology and products which may include lab and field testing.
- Regular and potential customer contact (onsite visits, phone, email, etc.) in order to maintain customer relations, perform cleaning trials to satisfy changing customer requirements and develop new customer base.
- Technical support and training for the products manufactured and supplied by Zestron.
- Timely and quality Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software entry to ensure speedy customer support and history documentation.
- Organize and plan activities regularly including maintaining an Outlook calendar.
- Team with RSM on marketing events with marketing team support.
- Maintain and grow relationships with equipment and material partners.
- Review AT project documents for completeness, format, compliance and submit to management for approval and transmit approved documents to customers.
- Support preventative maintenance and when needed, troubleshoot to repair current and future demo cleaning equipment at ZESTRON’s technical center. Repairs may be electrical or mechanical related
- Deliver required reports completely and on time (expense, visit, monthly reports).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Materials Engineering and 10+ years of experience in electronics manufacturing.
- PLC Knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Extensive technical and market knowledge of cleaning circuit board assemblies.
- Skills to install, troubleshoot, repair, and retrofit equipment both mechanically and electrically is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Willing to travel 25% of the time throughout Americas.
- Valid current driver’s license with no restrictions to driving
- Communicate technical concepts effectively in written and verbal forms.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Well-organized with attention to detail and efficient keyboarding for timely reports.
- Safety first attitude during all business activities
- Self-managing compliance with internal and external policies
- Highest level of Integrity
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic to offer continuous improvement suggestions
- Presents professional image at all times
- Requires the ability to stand, move, bend, squat, kneel and lift equipment up to 50lbs frequently.
- Requires the ability to sit at a desk and computer for extended periods
- Must be able to travel by airplane and car for extended periods of time
- Must be flexible and able to work overtime to complete time sensitive tasks if needed.
For more information or to inquire about employment opportunities, please email email@example.com
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.